Sunday, February 21, 2016

Inn-Spired

As you will note from the date/time stamp, it's been a while since my last blog posted.  I often find myself wanting to share, but private person that I am, I tend to keep things in, worrying that what I post won't be relevant, and thinking that no one wants to read what this innkeeper has to say anyway.

I recently sat down with a fellow innkeeper and had am amazing one on one conversation where I could really ask anything I wanted and share my experience.  It was so nice to speak to someone who has been in the business and can empathize and relate to our inn-keeping hits and misses.  During that conversation we got on the topic of blogging, and I relayed to her how impressed I was with her consistent blog posts and the sheer ability of being able to come up with things to discuss.  It was at that time she encouraged me to continue blogging and, ultimately, sharing.  

So, with that bit of sage advice, I am inspired, and ready to give it another go.  

It is been a full 5 years of inn-keeping this month.  In 2011 we jumped in with both feet and no plans to look back.  I'd say that in those 5 years we've kept our eyes forward with only a few "what have we done" conversations.  As I reflect on the past 5 years, I'd say we have mostly had the good fortune of incredible experiences as innkeepers.  We have made some great guest friends along the way, worked with amazingly talented individuals, and have found a peacefulness among the stresses of running a business.

I'll leave you with a fun quote and a silly photo of us this winter  enjoying a moment together on an afternoon off.  It seems appropriate at this moment.  

"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" -Timbuck3


Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment